Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 108: Tuna Melt in Your Mouth

Today I had lunch at the Post Street Ale House with my mother and husband. Of course, I had to choose something I did not like to eat--I didn't want to put it off till the end of the day and risking forgetting to do it (you know how distracting it can be to have your mother in town--taking goofy pictures and laughing till you cry in the lobby of the Davenport Hotel, making that's-we-she-said jokes over lunch and, again, laughing till you cry). I chose, today, to eat a tuna melt.

I haven't revisited tuna much, and I thought tuna with cheese sounded just off-putting enough. What I didn't realize is that it was warm tuna salad, not just tuna meat. So that made it much more palatable. And, at the Ale House, it's on a lovely bread. The cheese was mild enough that I didn't really taste it, but overall, it was much better than expected (isn't that always the way?) and not the cheesy/fishy implosion I expected. So hurray for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment