Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 120: Shrimpalicious

I've done shrimp a few times on this things-I-don't-like journey, but not in a while, and I had some leftover in my freezer. So tonight, I made some linguini and a very simple tomato sauce, then threw in the shrimp. What's amazing is, I almost don't process a shrimpiness or fishiness anymore. That's how used to it I've become.

I'm feeling pretty triumphant right now. Part of that comes from the fact that I've shown so many foods who's boss. Part of it comes from the fact that I have only about a month until I defend my thesis and become a master of fine arts. Part of it comes from the fact (shameless self promotion alert) that I just had a story accepted by Monkeybicycle, which can be found at monkeybicycle.net. I would feel bad about feeling so good, but life has been pretty stressful lately, pushing me over the edge in several ways that have not exactly made life easier (tip: keep your temper). I've needed a boost for quite some time. But that's beside the point. At this moment, mostly, the triumph is about the food.

Day after tomorrow, I start in on foods I've never had before. I probably won't like some of them, but I'll eat them anyway. And some of the things I didn't like in this portion of the project were things I'd never had before, but cringed at the thought of. There will be some overlap. But it will continue, as far as I can tell, to be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment