Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day Sixty: All Dried Up

This morning, I had another bowl of cream of wheat, still sweetened with maple syrup, but this time I added cherries. Dried cherries. I had one on its own before stirring them into my cereal and they're just as tart as I remembered. I was hoping that the cream of wheat would level out their flavor, and to a certain extent it did--but I think it's just hard for me to eat dried fruit in hot cereal. I have a feeling that my brother or one of my cousins told me at some point that the raisins in my oatmeal were bugs. I get that kind of unpleasant association from my cream of wheat with cherries, even though it tastes fine--but nothing more than fine--and is not offensively textured, really. It's just something to get used to, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment