Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day Sixty-Eight: Taking my Lumps


I'm having another one of those moments. You know, the ones where I think, How stupid was I as a kid?

I have to come to young Laura's defense--a little. She had some lumpy tapioca as a kid. Her little teeth experienced sticky, gluey, chewy bits of pudding, and she decided tapioca was out. It didn't matter how sweet and creamy it was otherwise. There were other sweet and creamy things. A child's world is full of them. So she shunned tapioca and never looked back.

Grown-up Laura is filled with remorse. She had a little cup of tapioca this morning, and saw the light. She is currently exercising all her willpower not to eat any more.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh... you could try rice pudding, too. That's something you don't like.

    ReplyDelete