Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day Seventy-Five: Feeling Crabby

A few weeks ago (or maybe a couple of months, at this point), the husband and I went to our local international store (translation: Asian food store) and picked up a few items. One of them, which we kept forgetting about, was a package of frozen crab dumplings. So tonight, feeling brave about my seafood, I decided to steam them for dinner.

Unfortunately, though I was feeling courageous, my mettle was not tested. We ate them. They were fine. I especially liked them with a little soy sauce and Sriracha (we also tried them with hoisin and teriyaki and even plain). But they didn't taste much like crab. They had a tiny fishy aftertaste. Not much, though. At first, I was inclined to believe my seafood aversion has been so overcome that I just don't taste it anymore. But my husband thought they were bland, too. So they were an okay dinner, but not much of a challenge.

If it helps, I did have tapioca for breakfast this morning, and this cup was much chunkier than the last, but I still found it enjoyable.

So, I tried. I really did try. Tomorrow I will have something more decidedly disgusting. At least, from my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment