Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 122: Tangelo

I learned today that a tangelo, one of the many citrus fruits I've never eaten before because of my former aversion to their texture, is a hybrid of a tangerine and a grapefruit (or pomelo: tangerine + pomelo = tangelo). I also learned that tangelos are juicy and delicious, far less fibrous than any orange I've eaten, and, in general, absolutely amazing. I might have a new favorite fruit on my hands. And my elbows. And my couch and my skirt. Seriously, this fruit was very juicy.

So. Day one of phase two? Super easy. Super enjoyable. I think this is going to be, in general, a fun phase. And maybe a healthier one, too, since there are so many fruits I've never tried before. Also, I'm thinking that I might make myself eat at least one piece of fruit a day for these four months, regardless of whether it's my new thing or not. Cuz it's healthy. So I'll probably report that at the end of each post, as follows.

Daily fruit: tangelo and apple

No comments:

Post a Comment