Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 132: A Quick Note About Yogurt

I eat a fair amount of Yoplait yogurt, because they have interesting flavors and low calorie counts. When I saw a thick and creamy cinnamon roll variety, I was intrigued. It was, indeed, thick and creamy, but it only had 100 calories. I figured to thicken it up you'd have to strain out a fair amount of liquid, turning it to a Greek yogurt type consistency, and that would up the calorie count. But no--how do they do it? With gelatin. Strange. But that's why it doesn't feel like Greek yogurt in your mouth. It feels like flan. As for the cinnamon roll flavor, I'm not sure it works for me. It tasted almost exactly like the time I stirred cinnamon into vanilla yogurt. It was fine. But the warmth of the cinnamon and the tanginess of the yogurt seem to have an inherent dissimilarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment