Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 173: Ginger Peach Popsicles

It's officially summer! Yay! Also, I finally bought some popsicle molds! Double yay! I love frozen treats in the summertime, but I like to be able to make my own, so I can play with flavors and control ingredients (and calories). In my first popsicle attempt, I went for ginger peach, which turned out to be light and refreshing, something of a palate cleanser. Not the most dessert-y popsicle, and not creamy or incredibly sweet, but definitely pleasant on the tongue. Here's how I did it:

1 1/2 cup frozen peach slices
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
4 tablespoons Splenda
1/2 cup water

Whip these up in a blender, pour into popsicle molds, and freeze.

I do think the use of frozen peaches made the texture fluffier than it would have been if the peaches were fresh, but it also necessitated the use of water, which, of course watered it down (and made it need a little extra sweetener). For my next batch, I'm going to try to concentrate the flavors a little more; I've got some peaches and pineapple at the ready, and my blender is in the dishwasher. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully, it'll be delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment