Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 163: Gourmet To Go


I have long intended to go to the taco truck in downtown Spokane and order a tongue burrito. Today, I finally set aside the time to do so, and the taco truck was closed. Luckily, another truck was open: Mommy G's Gourmet Grilled Cheese. The tongue will wait for another day.

I had a fabulous experience eating Mommy G's food. I had the #6, a French onion grilled cheese that featured Gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and mushrooms, all on a croissant. SO good. So fattening, too, but oh well. Apparently Mommy G's just opened on June 5th, so instead of being way behind the times (everyone I know in Spokane has been going to the taco truck forever and I still kept forgetting to go), I'm ahead! Yay! So Spokaners: go to Mommy G's!

This was also fortuitous timing for me in another sense: I've never been to a food truck at all until today, and I've been trying to figure out what to do with myself post-graduation. I don't have the cash to start a food truck of my own, but I am pondering a little lunch delivery business if I can work out the details, and looking over Mommy G's menu sort of lubed up the wheels and gears in my head. So I'm happily concocting a lunch menu, pondering the costs and practicalities of a lunch business... maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. But for now, it's fun to think about.

And yes, I know it's "Spokanites." I just think "Spokaners" is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment