Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 160: Happy Anniversary!

Today is my husband's and my fourth wedding anniversary! We celebrated with dinner in: filet mignon, scalloped potatoes, salad, bellinis to drink (with the canned peach stuff this time--yum!), and for dessert, ice cream sandwiches made with homemade ginger cookies.

This is my thing I've never had before for today. I mean, I've had ginger cookies, I've had ice cream, and I've had ice cream sandwiches. But I've never had ginger cookie ice cream sandwiches. So maybe this is a little bit of a cop-out, a little un-adventurous, but I do think it's a dessert-time revelation. These ice cream sandwiches are so dang good. They're kind of Barefoot Contessa-ish: simple but elegant (the one in the photo doesn't look as elegant as it could, but we were just itching to dive in). They're the kind of make-ahead, no-fuss dessert that's perfect for a dinner party because it can just be ready in the freezer, made days ahead if you like. If you come to a dinner party at my house, you might just have these.

No comments:

Post a Comment