Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 170: Burgers of the Caribbean

On our last day at Disney World, which wasn't really at Disney World at all, just our hotel, we had burgers for lunch in the sort of food court area we found in our hotel. Mine was the Caribbean burger, which had pineapple sauce and plantain to make it "Caribbean." I thought it odd to put plantain on a burger (kind of like putting potato on a burger) but I tried it and it was really tasty, though the plantain was a little unwieldy and kept falling out of the bun. The nice thing was, unlike the plantain I prepared a while ago, this one was ripe and properly cooked and a lot more bananaish. And the pineapple sauce on the burger was pretty amazing. It's something I might attempt on my own this barbecue season.

No comments:

Post a Comment