Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day Thirty-Three: Good Morning!

Today I woke up with a stiff back, having slept uncomfortably most of the night. But I couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up and unfurled my yoga mat for the first time in months. I started with just a little basic stretching, then moved into some sun salutations--not much, since I'm out of my yoga habit, but enough to get my blood flowing and my muscles loose. The water in my bathroom was lovely today (no scorching or freezing) so I had a fantastic shower. And then, continuing the trend, I had a very healthy breakfast. Or--what I consider very healthy. I'm sure there's a lot of argument about things like this.

Anyway, I had half a grapefruit. You might remember that my last grapefruit encounter was less than pleasant, but this time instead of pre-separated grapefruit segments in a cup, I bought a whole piece of fruit, halved it, and dug in with my spoon. And this grapefruit, I liked. Isn't that always the case? Unlike my last grapefruit, it wasn't very bitter at all, and there was something fun about digging out the segments with my spoon (though, since I'm a novice at this and don't possess the specialized equipment, I did leave some grapefruit behind). I especially enjoyed the appearance of the hulled-out fruit (see photo--sorry if it's blurry, I took it with my phone) which looked, to me, like a Technicolor sun. Or something.

Also, I had a peach yogurt. This one might sound pretty silly, but I do have a love-hate relationship with peaches, mostly their texture, and I'm a little picky about fruit finding its way into my yogurt. Which isn't to say I don't like fruity yogurts or chunks of strawberry, blueberry, what-have-you. I just think that peach has a less-than-optimal texture for mixture with yogurt, and I'm not used to it. So I ate a peach yogurt today and I'm on my way to getting used to it.

All that and it's not even 9:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment